Vital Skills for the Administrative Assistant
Behind many a great managers is a great administrative assistant. Working in that position provides a good understanding of how organizations work and develops a wide range of skills that provide a solid foundation for moving forward in one’s career. This two-day workshop is about bringing out the best of your abilities, and encouraging the best in those who work with you, or for you.
What Will Students Learn?
- Understand the importance of professional presence on the job.
- How to self-manage to become more effective and efficient.
- Improved communications skills, including listening, questioning, and being more assertive.
- Increased effectiveness in recognizing and managing conflict, and dealing with difficult people.
- Personal best, professional best
- Putting others at ease
- Distorted thinking
- The steps to feeling good
- Understanding and improving your assertiveness
- Communication skills (written, verbal, non-verbal)
- Setting goals
- Working as a team and with difficult people
- Learning to say no
- Dealing with stress