i-Fundi hosted Community of Expert events in September 2013 addressing the issue of Workforce Management in the Contact Centre Industry.
These workshops were attended by participants eager to learn more about Graham Mcleod’s insights into Workforce Management. It is common to think of Workforce Management solely as a tool to cut costs by ensuring that the Contact Centre has the correct number of agents on the floor at all times – too many agents and cost overruns occur, too few agents and service levels drop. However, Graham was there to broaden this narrow understanding of Workforce Management.
- Can you create workflows?
- Can mundane tasks be automated?
- Can people at various levels access the software i.e. agents choosing their own shifts etc.?
- Is it possible to gain a holistic view of the business and then work down to the detail?
- Can the software integrate with other critical business systems?
- Can the functionality be extended into the rest of the business?