The regional BPeSA award ceremony highlights industry excellence
The BPESA Gauteng Regional Awards Ceremony took place on July 25, in Sandton.
The awards recognize talent and excellence in the Business Process Outsourcing industry. Awards categories include best customer service representative; team leader; manager; in- house training; technology solution and best captive (local) and non-captive (foreign) contact centres.
The awards also launched BPESA’s new national structure. Funded by the Rockefeller Foundation, BPESA has now national body that will co-ordinate for the promotion of the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry, with regional offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban.
As a first of its kind in South Africa, the new state of the art BPO park in Hammerskral which eventually will employ up to 4000 people, was introduced. Construction will start in 2016. It will be ready to operate in 2017.
The evening was an ideal opportunity for people to network. “We are exited to have BPESA back in Gauteng. As South Africa is recognised as a premier outsourcing destination, a large number of jobs are being created. Gauteng with its large pool of talent is ideally an ideal location for outsourcer to set up their operations. They also benefit from the experience and skills of a large number of first class domestic contact centres that are in Gauteng, the hub of South Africa’s economy. “All will derive great value from the leadership that BPESA will provide to the industry,” said Stefan Lauber, the CEO of i-Fundi.
Since it inception i-Fundi has established itself as a leader in the development of talent for the BPO sector.
For more information on i-Fundi’s BPO offerings, click here.
The winners of the BPESA awards in Gauteng are:
We would like to congratulate all the winners and wish them well going forward to Nationals.
· Absa – Best Captive Contact Centre (Less than 150 seats)
· Sage Pastel Accounting – Best Captive Contact Centre (150 seats and above)
· Aegis – Best Non Independent Contact Centre (Less than 150 seats)
· Digital Solutions Group – Best Outsourced Contact Centre (150 seats and less)
· Merchants SA – Best Outsourced Contact Centre (150 seats and above)
· Merchants SA – Community Spirit Award
· Merchants SA – Skills Development Award
· Merchants SA – Wellness in the Workplace
· Advance Call – Innovation Award – Technical (Internal)
· BSV Integrated Solutions – Innovation Award Non-Technical (Internal)
· Merchants SA – Best Support Trainer %E