National Certificate: Generic Management NQF4
Are your managers operating at peak performance? Effective management is the cornerstone of any thriving business. People get promoted into managerial positions because they excel at what they do, but often they have not received adequate training in the principles of management, including delegation, communication and leadership.
Lack of these critical skills can lead to stress and poor personal and business performance. The Further Education and Training Certificate: Generic Management qualification is run as an inhouse learnership programme for businesses wanting to upskill existing or prospective new managers.
The learnership approach offers a win-win solution for both employees and employers. Managers can improve their skills through short, monthly block-release. Employers implementing learnerships benefit from an improved BBBEE scorecard, tax breaks for each enrolled participant, more loyal, skilled staff and improved business performance.
This qualification builds the skills that every manager needs to succeed. Upon qualifying the manager will be able to :
- Comprehend the principles of management
- Set goals and make the right decision
- Lead people to success
- Communicate effectively
- Motivate individuals and teams
- Understand what it takes to offer excellent customer service
- Manage budgets within a specific area of responsibility
- Get service providers to meet expectations
This programme includes the following topics:
- Understanding Management
- True Leadership Principles
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Managing Teams for Results
- Business Communication
- Managing Effective Meetings
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Managing Time Effectively
- Managing Expenditure against Budgets
- Managing Customer Service Delivery
- Contracting and Managing Service Providers
Who should attend
- New or existing managers in any department
- Supervisors being prepared for managerial positions
i-Fundi is a private Further Education and Training institute, registered with Umalusi and the Services SETA. We offer a range of accredited qualifications and skills programmes and end to end learnership management services for businesses wanting to up-skill new or existing staff. Having worked with close to 10,000 learners for some of South Africa’s leading companies, we have the skills and experience to help your business succeed. i-Fundi is a Level 1 Certified Contributor (135%) in terms of the BBBEE scorecard rating.