Further Education and Training Certificate
Contact Centre Support
NQF Level 2
Why consider the Contact Centre Support NQF Level 2 Course?
Great contact centres are made of people with exceptional communication and customer service skills. As the front-line of most big businesses, contact centre agents play a pivotal role in ensuring customer satisfaction and ultimately, business success.
What skills are taught in the Contact Centre Support NQF Level 2 Course?
The core components of the course teach learners skills in customer service, business communication, handling telephone calls, computer skills, numeracy, culture and teamwork.
More specifically, this qualification will provide learners with knowledge and skills in:
- Responding to customer calls accurately and factually.
- Gathering and processing data related to a Contact Centre Support function.
- Implementation and communication of operational activities within a Contact Centre Support function.
- Performing Contact Centre Support functions to the required standards.
- Being a team player in a diverse working environment.
Module 1. Working in a Contact Centre
The purpose of this module is to instill in an agent a sense of professional pride. It outlines the opportunities that exist in the contact centre profession and what is most important for a contact centre agent to succeed in his/her work.
Module 2. Personal Effectiveness
This module introduces the learners to personal goal setting, how to take charge of one’s destiny and problem solving.
Module 3. Team Work and Diversity
Contact Centre work is repetitive and at times can get frustrating. Successful contact centres therefore place great emphasis on creating a powerful team spirit that spurs people to high performance. It will therefore be important for the agents to learn how to work together as a team. This module will help them to achieve this.
Module 4. Customer Service and Communications Skills
Contact Centre work is about communicating with customers and providing excellent services. This module combines the two topics. The agents will get an overview of communications principles. They will learn specific communications skills such as listening, questioning, paraphrasing and how to give feedback. In terms of customer service, they will learn to how to understand customer expectations and how to fulfill them. Where applicable the agents will also be trained in telesales.
Module 5. Making and Receiving Calls
This module goes to the core of contact centre work and covers the most critical skills needed in day to day contact centre work. It covers the following topics:-
- Greeting, transferring calls and taking messages
- Exchanging information with customers
- Addressing customers’ needs
- Handling customer complaints
- Escalating issues
- Making outbound calls
- Getting the customers attention
- Understanding a customer’s need
- Making a proposal
- Handling questions and objections
- Finding agreement and closing a sale
Module 6. Data Capturing & Typing Skills
Emphasis is placed on teaching the learner touch typing skills which is essential to keep wrap-up time to a minimum.
Module 7. Speaking, Reading and Writing Skills
This module discusses the fundamental unit standards that include spoken and written communications as well as reading skills.
Module 8. Fundamental Mathematics
Here we strengthen the learner’s mathematical skills by covering the relevant fundamental unit standards.
Module 9. Project and Campaigns
Inherent to customer service and selling is the ability to solve problems. Since contact center agents are the ones who constantly interact with the customer, they often most aware of operational challenges and through their problem-solving abilities can contribute to better quality and performance.
- Programme ID: 71490
- Number of credits: 128
Speak with us about
Skills Audit and Planning
The i-Fundi difference
- Course completed on time 100% 100%
- Meet all SETA requirements 100% 100%
- Learners retained in programme 90% 90%
- Learners nationally certified 80% 80%
- Learners find permanent positions 70% 70%
You may also be interested in