Why Study Business Practice NQF Level 1?
Who should study this qualification?
This program is ideal for:
- New Entrants: If you’re new to the world of business, these qualifications provide a solid foundation to kickstart your career.
- Aspiring Entrepreneurs: If you dream of starting your own business, our qualifications offer essential entrepreneurial knowledge.
- Current Business Professionals: For those already working in the business field, our qualifications can serve to improve and stay competitive.
- Career Changers: If you’re transitioning from a different field to business, our qualifications provide a smooth entry point.
At the end of the General Education and Training Certificate: Business Practice Level 1qualification, learners will be able to:
- Use fundamental skills in a business environment.
- Make appropriate use of Information and Communications Technology in an office setting.
- Understand and apply entrepreneurial and business knowledge and attitude.
- Incorporate life skills in an employment or self-employment situation.
Module 1. Entrepreneurship
- Demonstrate an understanding of entrepreneurship and develop entrepreneurial qualities
- Plan to manage one’s time
- Explore and use a variety of strategies to learn
- Identify personal values and ethics in the workplace
Module 2. Business Operations
- Demonstrate an understanding of a general business plan and adapt it to a selected business idea
- Identify and discuss different types of business and their legal implications
- Identify, analyse and select business opportunities
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of marketing
- Describe and discuss basic issues relating to the nature of business, the stakeholders in a business and business profitability
Module 3. Customer Service
- Understand the impact of customer service on a business
- Engage in a range of speaking / signing and listening interactions for a variety of purposes
- Read / view and respond to a range of text types
- Write / sign for a variety of different purposes
Module 4. Business Accounting
- Work with numbers; operations with numbers and relationships between numbers
- Manage personal finances
- Process, analyse and communicate numerical data
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic accounting practices
Module 5. Math Literacy
- Describe, interpret and represent mathematical patterns, functions and algebra in different contexts
- Describe and represent objects in terms of shape, space and measurement
Module 6. Computer Skills
- Operate a personal computer system
- Use generic functions in a GUI environment
- Develop and use keyboard skills to enter text
- Managing files in a GUI environment
- Use a GUI – based word processor to create and edit documents
- Use a GUI – based web browser to search the Internet
- Use electronic mail to send and receive messages
- Use a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based word processor to format documents
- Use a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based presentation application to create and edit slide presentations
- Enhance, edit and organise electronic messages using a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based messaging application
- Programme ID: 61755
- Number of credits: 121
Speak with us about
Skills Audit and Planning
- Course completed on time 100% 100%
- Meet all SETA requirements 100% 100%
- Learners retained in programme 90% 90%
- Learners nationally certified 80% 80%
- Learners find permanent positions 70% 70%