Further Education and Training Certificate
NQF Level 4
Why study Short Term Insurance NQF Level 4?
This Short-term Insurance training programme is an ideal introduction for anyone wanting to succeed in the insurance industry. Participants explore how a career in the insurance industry will allow them to materialise their personal aspirations. It exposes them to the fundamental working of the industry and in so doing highlights how they personally contribute through their behaviours to customer satisfaction, the upkeep of ethical standards and regulatory compliance.
Who should study this course?
The FETC Short-term NQF 4 Insurance Qualification is suitable for:
Short Term Insurance Intermediaries who advise on Short Term Insurance products,
Internal Broker Consultants,
Call Centre Operators,
Personal Accident Administrators,
Personal lines Administrators,
Commercial Lines Administrators,
Technicians or Assessors,
Client Service Providers,
Service Centre Staff,
IT Systems Designers and Analysts in Short Term organisations or learners who work in Marketing Departments of Short Term Insurers.
This Short Term Insurance NQF Level 4 qualification will enable learners to:
- Identify and solve problems related to Short Term Insurance.
- Work effectively with others either as a team or group member.
- Manage personal finances.
- Collect, organise and critically evaluate information.
- Communicate effectively using visual, mathematics and language skills.
- Use science and technology effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Insurance industry within the wider financial services context.
Module 1. Workplace environment and introduction to insurance
This module covers:-
- What does it take to be successful?
- Determining my purpose
- Achieving personal goals
- Advancing my career
- Manage own work performance in relation to an organisation’s performance management system
- Describe how to manage workplace relationships
- Explain how to manage diversity in the workplace
- Manage risk in own work environment
- Apply the knowledge of HIV/AIDS
Ethics and Compliance
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of ethical conduct
- Describe issues for compliance that can result in legal liability
Customer Care and Electronics systems
- Apply the skills of customer care in specific work environment
- Show understanding of the sales process in short term insurance
- Use an electronic system as a tool in financial services context
Introduction to insurance contracts and principles
- Demonstrate knowledge of insurable risks
- Apply the law of contract to insurance
- Describe insurance in terms of SASRIA
- Apply knowledge of the Short-term Insurance Act
Module 2. Short Term Insurance Products & Services
This module looks at:-
- Home Owners and Home Content
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Personal All Risk Insurance
- Multi-Peril Insurance
Module 3. Financial Literacy
This module covers:
- Interpreting Basic Financial Statements
- Describing and applying the principle of personal income tax
- Investigating ways of managing financial risks in own lives
- Demonstrating knowledge of VAT
Module 4. Mathematical Literacy
In this course students learn how to:
- Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal business, national and international issues
- Apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems
- Represent analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2 and 3-dimensional space in different contexts
Module 5. Business Communication
This module covers:
- Understanding your customer
- Communicating emphatically, active listening skills
- Finding a solution to your customer’s needs through systematic problem-solving
- Working with difficult customers
- Paying attention to detail
- Programme ID: 49929
- Number of credits: 150
Speak with us about
Skills Audit and Planning
The i-Fundi difference
- Course completed on time 100% 100%
- Meet all SETA requirements 100% 100%
- Learners retained in programme 90% 90%
- Learners nationally certified 80% 80%
- Learners find permanent positions 70% 70%