Personal Mastery: The Foundation of Success
Great organizations are built by great people. Your success is determined by how you think about yourself and life. Set yourself clear goals, determine what you want to achieve, build on your strengths and identify what is holding you back. Once you know where you are going, you need to effectively organize the limited time and resources at your disposal. Along the way, you will be certain to face obstacles and conflict. At that time it will be important for you to be able to control your emotions and to resolve possible disputes.
To prepare you, we have combined four of our best workshops into a five day course will build your inner strength and skills needed to succeed:
- Building Your Self-Esteem and Assertiveness
- Getting Stuff Done – Personal Development Boot Camp
- Anger Management – Understanding Anger
- Conflict Resolution – Dealing with Difficult People
Building Your Self-Esteem and Assertiveness Skills
A healthy self-esteem is essential for growth and achieving success. Of all the judgments you make in life, none is as important as the one you make about yourself. Without some measure of self-worth, life can be painful and unrelenting. In this workshop, you will discover some techniques that can dramatically change how you feel about yourself, and how you approach the world to get the things that you want.
What Will Students Learn?
- Recognize that you have worth and are worthy of happiness
- Develop techniques for eliminating unhealthy thought patterns and replacing them with supportive patterns
- Learn how to turn negative thoughts into positive thoughts
- Learn how to make requests so that you get what you want
- Set goals that reflect your dreams and desires and reinforce healthy patterns
- What is self-esteem?
- Improving self-esteem
- Building self-esteem
- Increasing our self-esteem
- Esteemed confidence
- The power of thought
- Ask for what you want
- Create what you want
Getting Stuff Done
Why are there so many different time management methods and systems out there? The answer is simple: it’s like any other personal challenge, like weight loss or money management. There is no simple, one size fits all answer. You must build a solution that works for you. We will explore various time management and organizational tools and techniques so that you can build a customized productivity plan for your personal and professional lives. At the end of the course, you will emerge with a plan that works for you, so that you can start regaining control of your life!
How You Will Benefit
- Identify what personal efficiency is, including useful skill sets and attitudes
- Explore what role long-term goals play in short-term efficiency and set a personal vision, dreams, and goals
- Study the 80/20 rule and the Eisenhower principle
- Develop a plan for an efficient workspace, including a customized information center and a filing system
- Learn about a system that will allow you to process any type of information that crosses your desk
- Explore why you procrastinate and develop methods for tackling tasks
- Develop ideas and tools to make your household more productive and efficient
- Understanding personal efficiency
- Developing the right attitude
- Laying the foundation
- The building blocks of a good organizational system (including the 80/20 rule)
- Creating the right environment
- Setting up your info management center
- Managing information in six easy steps
- Prioritizing your tasks with the Eisenhower principle
- Saying no
- Creating routines
- Stopping procrastination now (not later!)
- Applying our lessons at home
Conflict Resolution: Dealing with Difficult People
Success in dealing with conflict comes from understanding how we behave, as well as how we can influence others. If we approach difficulties as needing to take place in one or a series of conversations, and we approach those conversations with a plan, we will find that we have less difficult people to deal with. More often than not, we will also have more meaningful and significant conversations. In this workshop, you will learn how to turn difficult situations into opportunities for growth
What Will Students Learn?
- Recognize how your own attitudes and actions impact others.
- Find new and effective techniques for dealing with difficult people.
- Learn some techniques for managing and dealing with anger.
- Develop coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and difficult situations.
- Conflict as communication
- Benefits of confrontation
- Preventing problems
- Getting focused
- Dealing with anger (yours and others)
- Dealing with problems
- The three-step conflict resolution model
- Changing yourself
- Why don’t people do what they are supposed to?
- De-stress options to use when things get ugly
Research tells us that those who do manage their anger at work are much more successful than those who don’t.
The co-worker who can productively confront his teammate about his negative attitude increases his team’s chance of success as well as minimizes destructive conflicts. The customer service agent who can defuse the angry customer not only keeps her customers loyal but makes her own day less troublesome. This workshop is to help give you and your organization that edge.
How You will Benefit
- Be better able to recognize how anger affects our bodies, our minds, and our behavior.
- Be better able to use the six-step method to break old patterns and replace them with a model for assertive anger.
- Be better able to control your own emotions when faced with other peoples’ anger.
- Be better able to identify ways to help other people safely manage some of their repressed or expressed anger.
- How anger affects our bodies and our minds
- Coping thoughts
- Express feelings appropriately
- Prevent a build-up of frustration
- How to deal with issues
- Staying calm
- Identifying anger pay-offs
- Relaxation techniques
- Identifying trigger thoughts
- Developing your personal sanctuary
- Identifying distorted thoughts