Negotiating For Results
People who can master the art of negotiation find they can save time, save money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in the workplace.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life at any level. Whether you are working on a project or fulfilling support duties, this two day workshop will provide you with a basic comfort level to negotiate with both internal and external clients. This interactive workshop includes techniques to promote effective communications and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
- Have the opportunity to practice the “how to” of these skills in a supportive environment.
- Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
What You Will Cover:
- What is Negotiation?
- The Successful Negotiator
- Preparing for Negotiation
- The Nuts and Bolts
- Making the Right Impression
- Getting off to a Good Start
- Exchanging Information
- The Bargaining Stage
- Inventing Options for Mutual Gain
- Getting Past No and Getting to Yes
- Dealing with Negative Emotions
- Moving from Bargaining to Closing
- The Closing Stage