Learnerships : Building people for greater results
Finding good people is difficult. It therefore makes sense to systematically grow talent from within your company. Learnerships, similar to apprenticeships, combine workplace- and classroom-based learning to achieve a nationally recognised vocational qualification. Learnerships are a new and alternative way for companies to recruit and develop their own staff. They offer significant benefits for the employer such as:
- Reduced training and recruitment costs
- Lower salary costs without compromising quality
- Attractive tax breaks for each learner
- Enhanced Black Economic Empowerment credentials
- Increased staff retention
- Improved service levels and sales
- Contribution to job creation and the professionalisation of the industry
Learnerships can be undertaken by employed staff to improve their skills without the need to leave their place of employment. They may also be offered to new entrants to the job market as a means of helping them gain skills and critical work experience, which is often the main barrier to securing employment.
Vocational qualifications are divided into bands of learning, called the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). The NQF bands range from level 1 to 10: with level 1 being equivalent to a senior school certificate and level 10 equating to a doctorate degree, thus providing an occupational ladder of learning.
National qualifications are made up of a collection of Unit Standards, which are the essential skills required for a vocation at a particular level as identified by industry experts. Qualifications are composed of Fundamental, Core and Elective Unit Standards. Fundamentals are cross-cutting skills sets covering the basic numeracy and literacy skills requirements.
For further information on the various qualifications that we offer both on a entry and supervisor level see our Learning Programmes section.
i-Fundi’s Learnership Implementation Process
Having been the first to implement contact centre learnerships, i-Fundi has developed i-FundiWorx, a set of systems and processes, that give us the ability to significantly improve upon the general industry experience and consistently achieve the 100-90-80-70 benchmark, i.e.:
- 100% of projects are completed on time and in accordance with the parameters set by the SETAs and our clients.
- 90% of learners are retained, which is better than the attrition in most contact centres.
- 80% of the learners are nationally certificated.
- 70% of the learners find permanent positions with their employer.