Business Writing That Works
We all know what good writing is. It’s the novel we can’t put down, the poem we never forgot, and the speech that changes the way.
In business writing, the language is concrete, the point of view is clear, and the points are well expressed. Good writing is hard work, and even the best writers get discouraged. However, with practice you can feel more confident about your own writing. This workshop will give you the tools to become a better writer.
What Will Students Learn?
- The value of good written communication.
- How to write and proofread your work so it is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
- How to apply these skills in real world situations.
- The proper format for memos, letters, and e-mails.
- The four C’s: clear, concise, complete, and correct
- Word agreement
- Active and passive voice
- Sentences and sentence types
- Readability index
- Manners and courtesy
- Practical and inclusive language
- Sentence construction and punctuation
- Writing business letters, memos, and e-mails
- Spelling and proofreading
- Reviewing your writing